What To See in Altoona, PA
Altoona Grand Hotel is located in the heart of Central Pennsylvania, just 44 miles from State College, PA. You will find many special attractions and events throughout the year. We have highlighted just a few so you can find out more about what’s in store here in Central PA!
- Altoona Grand Hotel Ski Getaway Package Includes: Sleeping room accommodations for two nights (based on double occupancy), lift tickets for skiing at Blue Knob All Seasons Resort, Breakfast and a Dining Gift Card for $100 ($50 per adult). Price: $200 per adult. Call to book.
- Altoona Curve Baseball at People’s Natural Gas Field Enjoy America’s favorite pastime watching the Pittsburgh Pirates affiliate baseball team, the Altoona Curve, at PNG Field. The Altoona Grand Hotel is proud to be the Official Host Hotel for the Altoona Curve.
- Altoona Symphony Orchestra The Altoona Symphony Orchestra has gained recognition for its musical diversity by performing both classical and popular works featuring talented local artists and nationally acclaimed musicians. The Altoona Grand Hotel is proud to be the Official Host Hotel for the Altoona Symphony Orchestra.
- Baker Mansion Stop by and learn about Blair County history at the historic (and haunted) Baker Mansion.
- Canoe Creek State Park Enjoy the natural outdoors at the only local State Park in the area. Canoe Creek offers fishing, hiking, bird watching, log cabin rentals, boat rentals, educational classes about nature & animals, and more!
- Fort Roberdeau Visit Fort Roberdeau, located on the outskirts of Altoona, to learn about the Revolutionary War days.
- Horseshoe Curve Visit the historic Horseshoe Curve to learn about the railroad history while enjoying the beautiful scenery of the Allegheny Mountains.
- Lakemont Park Enjoy a nice time at our local amusement park playing games, getting on rides, and cooling off in the water park.
- Mishler Theatre Enjoy a performance at the historic Mishler Theatre, located in downtown Altoona.
- Railroaders Museum Explore the railroad history of Altoona at the Railroaders Museum. You will learn about Altoona history, view old railroad artifacts, and might even be able to see a ghost.
- Quaint Corner Children’s Museum Altoona’s Children’s Museum and Discovery Center
- Rails-to-Trails of Central PA Converted railroad corridors perfect for family recreation
Centre Hall, PA
- Penn’s Cave Enjoy an all-water tour through a limestone cavern entirely on boat.
- Prince Gallitzin State Park Enjoy fishing, hiking, camping, boating and more in the natural outdoors at Prince Gallitzin State Park.
- Johnstown Flood Museum Learn about the history of Johnstown and the Great Flood that occurred in 1889.
- Delgrosso’s Amusement Park Get away for a day at Delgrosso’s Amusement Park. Enjoy rides, games, and arcade, water park and delicious food.
- Seldom Seen Valley Coal Mine Experience a tour of this unique, small-scale mining site.
- Rock Run Recreation Area The Premier ATV Recreation Park East of the Mississippi.
- Indian Caverns Enjoy a tour of the Indian Caverns, located beneath a foothill of Tussey Mountain. You will see Ordovician limestone that was deposited about 405 million years ago.
- Raystown Lake Enjoy camping, biking, hiking, fishing, boating, lodging and more at Raystown Lake, located here in the Alleghenies.
- The Swigart Museum Visit the Swigart Museum to learn about the history of the American Automobile.
- Lincoln Caverns Where Science, Discovery, and Adventure are Naturally Fun!
State College, PA
- Beaver Stadium Events Make a trip to Happy Valley to see the Penn State Nittany Lions take on a number of loved and hated collegiate football teams.
- Penn State Sports Museum Come see the history of Penn State Sports and experience the true legends who donned Blue & White.
- Bryce Jordan Center Events Enjoy the Nittany Lions take on opposing collegiate teams in both men’s and women’s basketball as well as touring musical artists.